Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Dairy/Soy free Banana Bread


Have I told you about my lovely husband that always reminds me to buy bananas when I go shopping and then lets at least one of them rot in the fruit bowl. Well now you know. This has forced me to have a variety of banana friendly recipes to use up the soft bananas....good thing I lurrve banana bread. 

Now that I can no longer eat the king of all foods (butter) I've had to change a few of my recipes around. They now include dairy/soy free milk, butter and would you believe it, sour cream! 


Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup dairy/soy free margarine (I used Earth Balance)
  • 1/4 cup olive/canonal oil
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup mashed banana
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (I used WAYFARE)

Instructions

  1. Grease 1 large loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C
  2. Add the margine, eggs, vanilla and olive oil to the mashed bananas and mix well
  3. Finally add the sour cream and blend again
  4. In a second bowl mix the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda
  5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and pour into the load pan. 
  6. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes to an hour or until a skewer comes out nice and clean.
Enjoy with some dairy free spread...yummo!



No comments:

Post a Comment